Thread: I don't want to play as 16 bit

Thanks

I don't want to play as 16 bit

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have a problem. I'm am mixing down to my new Maudio audiophile card, and recording in what I assume to be 24 bit (I select 32 bit (float) initially, and then save as a 24 bit packed, I think). anyway, when I play back it says, in the status bar "Playing as 16 bit". Is there anyway to play back at 24 bit, like I recorded it? Do any of you have this same problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    jeremy jensen

Thanks
    in the options windows there is a check box that says...'mixdown to 16bit' or something like that.

uncheck it.

and while you're in there.. become very familiar with the many options... it will expand your power.

xoixxox

Thanks
    Everything in all the settings dialogue boxes are set for 32-bit, and I did not limit the playback to 16-bit (that's another thing that could have done it). I've racked my brains, tried almost every possible combination of setting imaginable, and it still is playing back at 16-bit. I'm beginning to think I might not hae enough ram or something. I've emailed syntrillium for help. Hopefully they get back to me soon. In the meantime, I'm downloading a demo of Sound Forge to see if I have the same problems with it.

Thanks
    well, sound forge only works at 16-bit, so youll probly have the same problems....

when you create a mixdown, does that come out 26 as well?

xoxo

Thanks
    Thanks for the help camn. It turns out the problem was caused by the god awful driver they included with my sound card. Once I installed the latest driver, all of my problems were solved.

Thanks again

Thread Information