How to wipe multiple tracks

MrKwik

**will man ho for gear**
Im just started using cool edit pro recently so be nice since I'm sure this is a stupid question. Say I am laying down a drum track and totally boch it in the first couple of measures and want to just start over, how can I wipe clean those 8 tracks at once without killing prevoiusly recorded tracks. I have searched through the manual and Im coming up empty. Right now I go down and remove each block individually which is really time consuming.

This'll speed it up a little, until somebody recommends something better.

Hold down CTRL and highlight each track you want to delete by left clicking on it. Next, right click on any one of the highlighted tracks, and when the menu pops up, left click on Destroy block(s). You'll get another popup asking you if you really want to delete the blocks and you'll have to click 'yes to all'.

Bye bye tracks...

Hey, I've never tried it, but can you just click Edit>Undo to get rid of tracks you haven't saved?

the problem with edit and undo is that the tracks will still be on your hard drive as temporary files. When you destroy it will remove them completely.

keilson said:
the problem with edit and undo is that the tracks will still be on your hard drive as temporary files. When you destroy it will remove them completely.

Really? That sucks... thanks for the info. I guess I'll start destroying the blocks now...

Back