Here's a challenge! need to copy a wave group w/o creating unique copies..

mrclay

When creating a drum track I start w/ a set of waves (each contains a set of drum samples seperated by a visible seperator) loaded and use only the individual samples I need in the multitrack sequence. So in the multitrack my hihat track has samples of open, closed and loose but all are just selections of one small hihatset.wav file. This is more like using the multitrack as a set of pointers..

Okay, so the problem is, after I get a good beat for a couple bars, how do I copy it over so that the new copies are still just pointing to the same waves I have open? I'm assuming I would group the waves first, but once this is done CEP has no "copy" command, just cut. And I can hold CTRL and drag a new copy out, but it makes unique wavs of all those sample bits, which is a real drag.

Althought the notion of using the multitrack as a sequencer isn't so obvious, it really works well.. except for the lack of the non-unique copy option.

Any ideas?

try this:

do "Loop duplicate" twice as much as you need, group the second half of waves, and drag those down to a seperate track.?

xoxo

Back