Help Cool Edit

productions89

Ok so this is my problem. Cool Edit was working fine a few days ago and when I opened it up yesterday to record it wouldn't let me. When I click the record button all I see and hear is static. I tried unplugging my microphone and clicked record again and the same problem occured. What could be causing this?

I suggest the following troubleshoot steps. I assume you are using sound card instead of any other audio recording interfaces:

1.) Check if your sound card does not have any hardware issues. Can you hear if you playback a song? Check if your recording volume level used by your device is not muted. You can refer to this guide about troubleshooting your sound card: Sound Blaster Audigy No Sound Problem-Troubleshooting using Windows XP, you can apply some general steps if you are using other devices.
2.) If your sound card does not have any issues, try to check if the audio input device used by Adobe audition , and make sure it is properly set. Sometimes you may accidentally change the recording device and then the adobe audition is not picking up the right recording device so it is recording blank.
3.) If you have correctly set everything as outlined above, maybe the cables are broken, try to test using another audio cables. Or maybe your microphone is not working.

The last resort if it seems you will not been able to spot the problems above is reinstalling Adobe audition.

Is this a newly registered version of Cool Edit? Did you just buy it?

Some demo versions of software inject noise after the demo period runs out.

Back