Thread: Help with bits...

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I recently purchased a card/box combo that is 24 bit. My question is which setting do I use on cool edit pro to make sure I'm recording in the hightest quality I can. And where do I change this option? CEP has so many different options for this, I don't know which to use. (32-bit int, 32-bit 24.0 float (type 1 - 24-bit),32-bit 0.24 normalized float (type 3 - 32-bit)etc....

Thanks for the replies..

Thanks
    I think any of the 32-bit options would give you equally good resolution. But if you're running your stuff through an external box which is digital, you're going to have to match the bit-depth and sample rates. To convert a file to 24-bit after you've recorded it in 32-bit, go into Edit View and open the file. Click on File, Save As, and then click on the Options button that appears in the dialog box. It'll display the options you're looking for.

Thanks
    incidentally, the 32-bit that CEP uses by default is a native depth for computer processing, so it's easiest on your machine to use during your mixing and editing phases... howeve very few other programs recognize it, (cuz they all suck) so before you export it to anything else, you'll have to save it as a 24-bit form. he 24-bit is, in all practical ways, just as good, but harder to process with binary-based computers. 2 4 8 16 32.

xoxoxo

Thread Information