Has the curtain fallen?

Innovations

checking the standard urls for syntrillium.com and cooledit.com now point to a generic home page for Adobe and a search of adobe's site reveals not a word about Cool Edit.

This does not look promising.

bad...

do u think adobe'll make another version of cep??
if not, at least they should keep this version on sale or something... but NEVER remove it

This doesn't look good.. at least I bought the CD version, and saved the 2.1 update on my HD, I gotta burn a couple of copies of the update to CD-R just to be safe.

It doesn't look good guys.. I spent a fair amount of time on the Cool Edit forums and the Syntrillium guy's swore this would not happen.. Well it did.. Damn...

Syntrillium warned everybody a while ago this was in the process of happening and claimed that it didn't represent a negative step from the user's point of view. I think there's a chance that's believable. I'm not panicking - it isn't the end of Cool Edit, it's just the beginning of the Cool Edit team being a department in the Adobe structure. The only thing I'm concerned about is the long term effect of the acquisition of Syntrillium - my experience is that the bigger a company is, the more bullshit goes on, the more waste takes place, the less quality you see overall. There are exceptions. Let's hope this is one.

tragedy...
i bet that if adobe continues with cool edit. it will have bad changes in it
the advantage of cool edit is that is simple but complete.
a while ago i downloaded a trial version of photoshop... you get confused with al the small windows it comes with...you just dont know where to start...

Best thing to do is get a copy Cool Edit Pro.
Make sure you have it on a CD whatever the cost.
Just get one. The program itself will serve any
home recorder's needs long before we're all dead.

Deen said:
Best thing to do is get a copy Cool Edit Pro.
Make sure you have it on a CD whatever the cost.
Just get one. The program itself will serve any
home recorder's needs long before we're all dead.

what about if you need midi

Back