Handy Utilities for Audition

Just to let you know that our next version of AATranslator will allow you to create AA1.5 session files. Which means you can convert from AA3, AA2, Reaper, Samplitude, PRoTools, Sonar, FCP, Cubase, Nuendo, Vegas, Logic, etc, etc to AA1.5.

We are about 48 hours away from our next release of AATranslator.

We have made significant improvements and enhancements to all existing formats including all CEP (from v1.2) and AA versions and have also added a number of additional formats including FCP and Presonus Capture.
Notabnly for AA users will be the ability to create AA 1.5 session files.

We have already started working on the following release and while we already read omf files we have had some preliminary success with creating omf files from AATranslator.

Soon with ProTools

Version 2.5 of AATranslator is currently in beta and is expected to be released before the end of the month.

While we currently read both OMF & ProTools v5 sessions this next version will have the real bonus of being able to create native ProTools (v5) session files.

This means that you can move sessions to & from ProTools (v5 to v8+) as well as all the other daws we support (Vegas, Cubendo, Samplitude, Audition/CEP, OpenTL, AES31, OMF, Reaper, N-Track, Paris, etc, etc.

Another AA3 time saving session utility

I haven't yet added it to my website but.....

The title really doesn't give any idea what I'm talking about.

We get quite a few of what I call 'bread & butter karaoke jobs" in our studio - you know soloist comes in with backing tracks and belts out a few tunes, pitch correct and fix their timing etc and agree with them that they will probably be stars some day.

Well quite frankly it is quite time consuming to extract the audio from their tracks, setup a project folder, create the sub folders for each song, copy the audio into each folder, copy & rename a session template and add in the audio to the session.

Do that a dozen times and you can burn up a fair bit of time - time which we can charge at a higher rate to others.

So being essentially one of the other two dwarves (lazy & greedy) I have created a utility to do just that (except the cd extraction).

I will probably create a donation web page etc (I dont know why I bother) but in the meantime if anyone thinks they could use something like this drop me a line at the aatranslator web site.

Back