haha..a quick question

drums4life135

When going from the mixer, do i plug into the line in on the sound card? or the mics input? when we tried on the line in, it was REALL quiet and soft? what do we have to do?? thanks!!

use the line in, and turn your mixer up. You should be able to get a pretty hot signal.

xoxo

thanks! do i watch the UV meter to see if it clips? when recording, it gets charted out in the multi track mode, what should that chart look like? so do i just leave the volume of CEP on zero when recording, and just use the volume on the mixer to pervent clipping?

In Multitrack View in CEP, it's possible to activate recording level meters by right-clicking on the empty dB bar at the bottom of the screen, then clicking on 'Monitor Record Level'. This'll tell you how hot the signal is that's going to your hard disk. If it's going into the red section on the right, you're probably clipping. Adjust the level using your mixer. CEP volume doesn't control loudness when recording. It controls loudness during playback and mixing later on.

What is a Hot signal?

I'm curious exactly what is meant by the term "hot signal" I've heard it used many times and I feel it means that the signal is strong and lacking noise, but if someone could clarify that would be great :)

Thanks a bunch

Charon

Back