Fixing bad audio/video sync?

Shadowrunner

HI, I'm new here and to CEP and I have a problem. I have two copies of the same movie, one with audio, one without audio. The problem is, the one with audio is about 5 seconds out of sync sometimes and is very blocky, the other is not blocky, the quality is really good but there is no audio! So, I ripped the audio from the bad movie and put it in the good one, the bad syncing was fixed but to an extremely small degree. I was wondering if there was a way to sync it up nicely without a whole lot of editing. Also, from what I can tell, the audio is ahead of the video and it progressively gets worse as the movie plays, but, if I fast forward the sync is only a few hundred milliseconds out of sync, this is still annoying but it gets worse again. Ideas?

*bump* I have had a cruise around the interface and can't really find anything that would help. Answers would be appreciated because you can't really find this movie anywhere, plus it is a waste of bandwidth downloading the same thing again and again.

Just a thought, but is the audio 44.1khz??

Normal video has its audio at >48khz< and if you're importing something that has been changed to 44.1 (or other sample rate) it can get out of sync.

Try re-ripping the audio out at 48k.

Shadowrunner said:
HI, I'm new here and to CEP and I have a problem. I have two copies of the same movie, one with audio, one without audio. The problem is, the one with audio is about 5 seconds out of sync sometimes and is very blocky, the other is not blocky, the quality is really good but there is no audio! So, I ripped the audio from the bad movie and put it in the good one, the bad syncing was fixed but to an extremely small degree. I was wondering if there was a way to sync it up nicely without a whole lot of editing. Also, from what I can tell, the audio is ahead of the video and it progressively gets worse as the movie plays, but, if I fast forward the sync is only a few hundred milliseconds out of sync, this is still annoying but it gets worse again. Ideas?

What software are you using for video editing?

Back