Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Enlighten Me Please

Thanks

Enlighten Me Please

Sign in to disable this ad
    Greetings,

I have been messing with CEP for a little while now. I have an Alesis SR16 drum maching that I normally just record as a wav for simplicity.

Now I want to record it as a midi track. I have fiddled and have absolutely no idea how to do this. I thought I would plug the midi IN and OUT in the drum machine I/O and stick the serial port into the soundcard. The options in CEP are listed as MIDI in/out from the sound card which is what I have setup.

What else is there to do? Don't I have to speficy a track as a midi track? I'm not sure

SirRiff
    "The best, and worst,
    is to love,
    and not forget."
    -Al Purdy

Thanks
    CEP does not record midi data. You need a sequencer.

Thanks

Un huh

well that explains alot....I have all the other great multitrack recording programs...but I though CEP would have some super simple way to do it...how depressing.

SirRiff
    "The best, and worst,
    is to love,
    and not forget."
    -Al Purdy

Thanks
    You have all the other great multi programs?

You went to the store and bought a couple of thousand dollars worth of software with no idea what they do?

hmmmm....

Thanks
    Its nice you took the time to post sarcasm, but not to offer to any insight, ever hear of a demo version buddy?

And additionally, you could find cracks for half the stuff out there if you look enough.

Those who can- do,
    And that leaves you.

SirRiff

"The best, and worst,
    is to love,
    and not forget."
    -Al Purdy

Thanks
    I think rjt gave you all the insight you need. CEP does not record midi data.

Those who can steal? do?...umm....ok..

you say something bout a demo version and then say pretty much straight out that you do get pirated software....

Which one is it?

BTW: I know whats out there and where it is.. I'm sure more than you..

Thanks

Are you drugged out?

Funny, you should get Hooked-on-Phonics, because english class didn't seem to work for you.

Notice the word "could" in there?

That was in response to you assuming that I spent thousands of dollars. (An assumption that made you look like an ass actually)

So I felt compelled to point out that one wouldn't need to spend that kind of money to get all the software, instead you could download demos or cracks....

Although most of us know demos most often have limited features or time restraints . . . most of us. And downloading cracks would be so damn unethical.

Anyways, itís been nice ridiculing you, but I really should go learn about MIDI now. Oh, and congrats on knowing more then me about where cracks are, I hope that takes you far in life.

If any intelligent life other than rjt wishes to respond as to how one goes about jumping into MIDI, it would make it much easier to learn.

Have a nice day.
    SirRiff
    "The best, and worst,
    is to love,
    and not forget."
    -Al Purdy

Thanks
    Riff, this is a low-key, helpful forum with very little attitude on the part of the posters - most people leave that stuff for The Cave. I've read and re-read this thread, and that post by brokenwindow didn't deserve insults and a tirade from you.

Take it easy, let yourself get to know people here, and you'll find this place enjoyable and useful.

Thanks

Don't think so

Greetings,

dobro,

no attitude intended here, but i will respond just to clear up...
    saying my response to a someones comment is a tiride?...
    thats just crazy. You can moderate swearing, racism, sexism, hacking, whatever. But responding to a crazy poster is pretty normal. Its not like a thriving thread was ruined for example.

I am socialized enough to get that you have a point,
    but its these unsolicited "opinions" that people feel the need to post that always get responses, and then the poster is so shocked that other people disagree...

anyways,
    just kill the thread, my original question was way off base

SirRiff
    "The best, and worst,
    is to love,
    and not forget."
    -Al Purdy

Thanks
    Ok, I know this one in particular is not my bussines, but I had a very similar problem in this BSS, that I just have to say something now...

I don't know what is it all about with this "Senior Memebers" hostility against all people asking spicy questions about demos or cracks or whatever... you know?? I have an income limited to less than $1000 a month, and I have to live with that money you know... also, If I want to learn how to use one of these programs, I have to either download a demo or crack it, and no, make no profit out of music, but I'm not gonna spend about $400 in some software just to have fun with it, and neither to finally realize that the software wasn't what I was expecting, of course I didn't realized before, becouse those damned demos are so limited, you always expect to get a whooole lot more paying... So, if I ever make money out of these programas, I'm gonna pay all that sofware, I mean, I don't know why I'm telling you this, becouse THIS IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM, you're not the owner of that company who makes the software, are you?? and you are not me right?? So, this is the way I decide to do it, and you're nobody to criticize, so brokenwindow, next time you see a post like that, just don't take the time to say lame pointless things, just ignore it, or if you feel like give your best advise!! We're all here to help each other, not to tell others how to live, you get yourself some etics.

Thread Information