effects questions

secretorchard

Thanks for the help on moving a track to delete unwanted space.
I have two effects-related questions.

Is it possible to apply a given effect over the length of a selection, but make it so the effect starts of minimally present, and increases all the while, such that at the end of the selection, it's fully present?

Does CEP 1.2 have a tool bar or feature that can "track" effects
that have been applied to waves? For example, if I apply wah-wah to a wave, then go record some other stuff and want to put that same effect on the new track, but in the meantime, I have forgotten exactly which effect I used on the original, is there a way to view what effects have been applied to a wave?

Thanks.

1 No. But maybe there's a workaround. What if you added a copy of the dry track to the mix, and applied dovetailed volume envelopes to each one: the dry track starts off at full volume, then tapers to nothing by the end. The wet track starts off at zero volume, then slopes up to full volume by the end. Would that work?

2 CEP doesn't record tracking or editing settings automatically, aside from track levels to the left of each track. But if you click on View then Info in either multitrack or edit view, you get a little popdown window where you can type in your own notes. I really wish CEP would do it for me. :(

dobro, I like your idea for steadily increasing the magnitude of a given effect to a wave. It seems like it should work. Now I just have to learn how to do volume envelopes. I just started using CEP about a week ago, and I really like it, and have gotten some pretty cool stuff recorded, but I haven't sat down and read all of the user's manual yet.

Back