Effects play differently when you start from different spots.

sandwiches

this is a question about the Real Time Effects in Multitrack mode.

i noticed this the other day. in audition, when you start play a realtime effect, say an ultrafunk auto wah petal, the effect is affected by where you start playing, because how the autowah works is affected by two settings, BPM (speed of the wah) and starting Wah position. the second setting is for where u START playing and not when the song STARTS.

i was wondering is there anyway to set audition so that the real life effects works like it should at the start of the song, and not when you start playing from.

I would think that this would be the case with any real-time effect that is using an audio input activated "sweeping" motion, such as a chorus, flanger, tremolo, auto wah..

Starting playback anywhere but the beginning is going to change the position of the incoming audio that is going into the effect as it begins to sweep, thus changing the way the effect will respond to the sound.

There are two ways to deal with this I think..

1) Lock the effect to the track, that way, the effect is temporarily written, from the beginning of the song.

2) Copy the track, then destructively apply the effect to the copy, permanently writing the effect onto the copy, then muting the original track and bypassing the real-time effects on it.

Either way, you're "locking" the effect's response to a specific starting time of the incoming audio along the timeline, so the track should sound the same no matter where you're stopping/restarting playback.

yeah i thought that was pretty much the only solutions.

i was just hoping cooledit pro may have had some extra option or something that would allow this.

Back