DirectX plugins for CEP 2.0?

xfatalherox

hey everyone. i just recently was wondering what types of directx plugins are there for Cool Edit Pro 2.0? Are there any compression/mastering ones available? I know there are several compression/mastering VST plugins, but are there directx ones? if so, where can i get them?

hey everyone. i downloaded the directx plugins and installed them on my computer, but when i open cool edit pro, they dont show up under directx plugins. why is this? do i need to put them in a certain folder? help!

They should automatically load into a plugins folder. In Cool Edit Pro Edit View hit Effects/Refresh Effects (or something very similar). A dialog box will pop up saying it may take some time, be patient while it looks for the folder, and then the effects should show up under Effects/DirectX.

Don't DX have to be registered in Windows - if they came as just a .dll file, that is, no installer?
The trick (I believe) is to drag and drop the .dll onto a certain Windows system file, but I can't remember details at the moment and all the DX I have were "installed" from a .exe. You don't have to do that with VST, just put the .dll in a VST folder (or sub-folder within it) and point the program at that folder.

DX8 DX plugins (as in Sonar), are not supported - these are the ones you can automate, neither of course, are VSTi or DXi. Note that some FX can be instrument type plugins (I think Sonars Re-valver is one such), and therefore won't be supported either.

download the directx plug, install it (let it install wherever it wants to install itself - don't even bother changing that).

Then open up CEP, go to "Effects" in the edit view, and hit "refresh effects". I've never had one NOT show up after doing that...(except this one time when I tried to get creative with the folder that it was installed in :D ).

dx plugins

xfatalherox said:
hey everyone. i downloaded the directx plugins and installed them on my computer, but when i open cool edit pro, they dont show up under directx plugins. why is this? do i need to put them in a certain folder? help!

Have u tried refreshing the FX list?

If they are just the .dll files .... they need to be registered as Jim stated.
This can be done in the following manner for Windows XP.

- Example: registering MaxX Dx Plugin in Windows XP

- Click Start.. Run
- in the box that pops up, type C:\Windows\System32\Regsvr32.exe MaxX.dll

- Substitute MaxX.dll with the name of the plug you are trying to register.

Back