did a bad punch-in, can i fix with a crossfade?

welldonep

hello cool editors of the world. a query if i may . . . i tracked a stereo piano track, and needed to punch-in on one section. i'm usually pretty good with manual punch-ins, but this time i happened to cut off a 'small piece' of the audio from the previous recorded track just before the needed punch-in point. as i mentioned, it is a fairly small break, but it is audible to me. is it possible to use crossfade to 'mask' the punch, and if so, can someone please explain the process? i did a search on crossfades in the forum, and came across a post that i thought would be helpful, but when i attempted the process, it was somewhat confusing, and needless to say, i did not get the desired results. i am working with a stereo piano track, and was wondering if i should fix the stereo wav, or the individual (left/right) tracks? Thanks much for any insight, suggestions in advance!

cheers! peter

thanks for the response. i am not in the position to redo the track. i am not a piano player, and the person who played the part is not available. i just need to do what i can with the track(s).

A crossfade requires the original take and it's done when you paste or insert a part into another track. Is there another section of the song you can copy and paste over the bad punch?

Back