Details about track Punch-ins in Audition 2.0

RawDepth

I am starting to get pretty acquainted with AA2.0 however; I am not finding much detail in the manual about following up procedure after a Punch-in or about the perils of punching-in.

I have successfully recorded a few punch-ins at one spot and have figured out how to hide or bring-to-front those clips to choose which one I like. It is at this point that the manual seems to have left me hanging.

How do I merge the new (keeper) punch-in clip with the original track so that they can be saved together as a single file? ...Or should I just lock the clip in time and always leave it sitting there over top of the original track?

Also, is there any "easy" way to avoid the pops and clicks where the punch-ins start and end? I have been zooming in and moving the cursor to a zero crossing point at each end of the punch-in range. That makes it a little better but then, one accidental bump of the mouse button and it is all lost. I already have Auto Zero-Cross Edits checked in the prefs but I can't tell that it is even doing anything during punch-ins.

I haven't seen anything about this in Jason's free tutorial videos either.

Thanks,
RawDepth

easy

richt click on the punch in clip, then mouse over to the track history arrow, then choose merge clip (destructive). This will merge your new clip into the overall track. And if you want to avoid a click or pop, you have to find a spot on the track with no sound for your punch in. You can't punch in on top of ongoing music, you need to squeeze in between two notes or two chords etc.

undrgrnd studio said:
richt click on the punch in clip, then mouse over to the track history arrow, then choose merge clip (destructive). This will merge your new clip into the overall track. And if you want to avoid a click or pop, you have to find a spot on the track with no sound for your punch in. You can't punch in on top of ongoing music, you need to squeeze in between two notes or two chords etc.
I am right clicking on the clip, (in Multitrack view) but there is no History item on the menu. I think I used to be able to do that in version 1.5 but I don't see that option here in ver 2.0.

yikes

RawDepth said:
I am right clicking on the clip, (in Multitrack view) but there is no History item on the menu. I think I used to be able to do that in version 1.5 but I don't see that option here in ver 2.0.

I don't know then. I use 1.5.

Back