deleting unwanted space

secretorchard

Complete newbie question...

I just started messing around with CEP 1.2. I record my tracks using a digital 4-track (FD-4), and then transfer the tracks into CEP. I transferred two tracks, and tried to mix these down into one track. All worked well, except I had the marker set such that the mixed-down track started 7 seconds from the 0.0 point. Now, it may seem easy, but I could NOT get rid of that 7 seconds of silence at the beginning of the track. Is there any way to just drag the track back to 0.0? I tried to use the Snap wave command, but it wouldn't work. I tried deleting the lead in seconds, but then it deletes 7 seconds from all three tracks (the original two and the 3rd mixed-down track). So, is there an easy to do this. Thanks.

secretorchard

not exactly sure of your situation...but...you can go to the single wav view and highlight the section at the beginning of your mixdown wav,(your silence area) and delete it without any problem. Or...in the multitrack view, you can right click on the wav file (it should be highlighted now, as well) and drag it in time to wherever you want. You can drag any of your tracks in multitrack view this way....then you can line up any, or all of the tracks that you want to, any way you want. Hope this helps.

mixmkr,

Thanks for your reply. Your first solution actually results in the problem I'm talking about. If I go to edit mode (one wave) and delete, say, the first 10 seconds of a track, then go back to multi-track view, there is a 10 second gap (it's gray in color) before that track will start to play. So you have the other tracks starting up at 0.0 and the recently-edited track starting at 10.0. What I want is, after I delete the 10 seconds, I want that track to start at 0.0, along with the other tracks. Also, you can delete time in multi-track view as well, but if I highlight a section of time to be deleted, it highlights it for ALL of the tracks, even if I select one of the tracks by left clicking. As such, if I try to delete from multi-track view, it deletes that block of time from ALL of the tracks, not just the one I want. If you know a way of deleting a portion of a track in multi-track view without messing up the other tracks, let me know.

Having said all of that, I believe your second solution may be what I am wanting. You say, you can right click and drag it anywhere you want, which means I could just drag it back to 0.0!
That's what I want to do. I will try it tonight and we'll see how it goes. Thanks for your help.

secretorchard

secretorchard said:
mixmkr,

Having said all of that, I believe your second solution may be what I am wanting. You say, you can right click and drag it anywhere you want, which means I could just drag it back to 0.0!
That's what I want to do. I will try it tonight and we'll see how it goes. Thanks for your help.

secretorchard

Don't forget, you can ZOOM IN when right click, dragging in the multitrack view for more precise lineups.

Yeah, right click and drag, if you want to move a track - to 0.0, for example. And if you want to move all tracks over by the same amount (sometimes you might have a mini-track located somewhere in the middle of the song, and you don't want it all the way over to the left, but you want it moved by the same amount as the other tracks), go into multitrack edit and click on Group Waves, which locks all tracks to each other, then right click and drag.

Back