delayed recording playback ?

i've managed to get it all set up and began recording track by track... but i've noticed that when recording my first track in time with the metronome when i go to play it back the track is about a quarter of a second out from the metronome.... what can i do to make sure when i record something it is in time like i played it ?

and also some hissing from guitars when im not touching strings/metal is there hardware i can buy to eradicate this ?

cheers

Delay is most likely latency and most likely because you are using your on-board sound.

Noisy guitars is probably due to the same reason.

If you give a quick summary of the hardware and software you are using, we might be able to make suggestions.

Delay is most likely latency and most likely because you are using your on-board sound.

Noisy guitars is probably due to the same reason.

If you give a quick summary of the hardware and software you are using, we might be able to make suggestions.

alrighty

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD A8-6600K 58 °C
Richland 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 806MHz (11-11-12-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. F2A55M-HD2 (P0) 30 °C
Graphics
PHILIPS FTV (1920x1080@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 8570D (ATI) 7 °C
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 8570D + HD 6670 Dual Graphics (ASUStek Computer Inc) 32 °C
CrossFire Disabled
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 ATA Device (SATA) 29 °C
232GB Seagate ST3250824AS ATA Device (SATA) 34 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Scarlett Solo USB

from speccy program

and im using adobe audition for recording through the Audio interface with instruments.

I assume that Adobe Audition has delay compensation for plugins. I am not sure there should be a reason for recorded tracks to be out of sync.

I wonder if moving this question to the Cool Edit/Adobe forum would be helpful...

It sounds to me like there was an inadvertent setting changed that is causing your issue. You should absolutely not be having issues with playback timing that is different from how you recorded it. Keeping what you record in time with a metronome and it's playback is what DAW's do for a living.

Finding the cause will be for someone familiar with your software or interface.

Back