cooledit pro2 - how to play live with effects?

ghaa_bhaa

Hello!

I have been trying to find option to activate effects while recording a track, but can't find this option at all. It's easy to activate effects after recording, to each recorded files, but live-effects would be really great!

Does anyone know if it's even possible with this software?
If not, which software I should get if I want to play live with effects? (using windowsXP)

thank you!

Yeah I am still wondering how could this be done with Adobe audition. My personal approach would be to use hardware effects (of course not using Adobe audition or any software) and activate it outside the computer so that what's being monitored and recorded live already includes some effects.

In Audition, you can use plugins and monitor the mixer while recording. However, the effects will not be recorded onto the track. This is because the mixer part of the program is separate from the recording part. Here is how it works...

When recording, audio comes into the computer and it immediately gets written to the hard drive without ever touching the mixer. However, part of the signal is split off and sent to the mixer. Now the mixer behaves exactly the same as when in "playback" mode except it is muted by default. You can set the mixer to un-mute this signal which appears that you are monitoring a live recording.

To set this mode, start with the OPTIONS menu, click MONITORING > AUDITION MIX > ALWAYS INPUT.

Now your faders, pan, and EQ all work as normal. You don't even need to hit the record button. Simply having a track armed and ready will send signal through the mixer and to your monitors. (Nice for gigging live.)

If you insert effects into the "armed" mixer channel, you will hear it along with the playback while recording, or while track is armed, whichever the case may be. All mixer adjustments, including effects, cannot be recorded because they occur separate from the recording process.

To reduce latency, you can route the mixer channel directly to the output jacks and bypass the master channel.

Last edited:
Back