Thread: cooledit pro vs cepro/se

Thanks

Question

Sign in to disable this ad
    i am interested in buying a new multitrack program and saw that the sound card i have ordered comes with cool edit pro/special edition.
    is this just a trimmed down version or the full deal? the only specs i can find anywhere cover the full version only.
    could someone please give a brief summery on the 'special' edition........number of tracks,processes, worth learnig/having?????? ness

Thanks
    its trimmed down, but I dont know how much.

xoxo

Thanks
    The SE only has a few of the effects that the full version comes with. It seems to me the real question then becomes: Well, does the SE do Direct FX? Dunno. Someone?

Thanks
    SE, I believe, limits you to 10 tracks (64 for CEP) and the number of effects are limited (I don't see any). The upgrade is $249.00. They have a toll-free number on their website - the guy I talked to was very helpful and seemed to know his stuff. Hope this helps.
    chester

Thanks

Wink

thanks to everyone who has replied so far on my question of pro vs se. I also saw the upgrade to allow me to go to the full version but i also noticed there are several other software programs available for close to the same price. I am currently familiar with and using products from sonic foundry but feel its time for a change and or update in my DAW..
    I would appreciate any feedback I could get from anyone as to weather I should stick with familiar software (SF) or try and maybe switch/combine some from other companys........
    Thanks again NESS7

Thanks
    I have cool edit se and cool adit pro 1.1.
    cool edit pro leaves it hands down.se does not support direct-x so plugins are a no no.Unless there are more than one version of se .I was lucky though you see .A friend of mine who now owns a mac studio had no use for cool edit pro so he gave it to me.

Thanks
    I now own cool edit pro 1.2a and it's great.I can preview all plugins which I could not with 1.1

Thanks
    that's it....SE is only 10 stereo tracks....CEPro is 64....and can handle direct x pluggins...SE, cannot.

Thanks
    ness7.............software choice is mostly a matter of personal preference. Lots of people like Soundforge: I primarily use Cakewalk because I started with it and I am comfortable. It appears that there is no discernable differnce in sound quality, so the choice becomes mostly what you're comfortable using, and which prgroam has the features (effects, midi, etc.) that you need. Good luck.
    chester

Thanks
    Chesterfield is right, look for what you need. If you need effects, Sound forge is good, but for the price, it doesn't have as many crazy effects as cep, and cep does 32-bit. sound forge has no multitrack. cep is like 4 programs in one and makes for alot of ease of use, everything is right there(except for midi) . One of the features that I haven't seen on sound forge is noise reduction. cep allows you to remove any noise you want with fft files. So if you want a multitrack, I feel cep is the only way to go.

Thread Information