Cool Edit Pro Special Edition

Spider

hi all , im currently using the demo of cool edit ... now ive heard it has a mixer and some effects with cool edit , are they in the demo ... and if so can someone please tell me where in it ... anyway thanks all...

It doesn't have a mixer, it has mixing functions, some of which are found in the Multitrack View, some of which are in the Edit View. The effects are in the Edit View, under 'Transform'. That's where the Special Edition is lacking, though - when you upgrade to the full Version 1.2, you get all the effects.

hey cheers dobro , is it worth getting the full version u think ??? Ill be comparing it to logic audio .... is it worth it you think ??

I think it depends on your budget and your tastes.

When I got the full version, I was really happy with it. Later, I didn't like the reverbs so much, so I got an outboard unit. I haven't heard what other progs can do, so I can't tell you if this is common to all editors or not. I still think that for what I do, it's a pretty good program, even though, as its critics never tire of pointing out, it doesn't have realtime effects. It constantly gets praised in Audio magazines for being really good for the price. Which kind of makes it like an ART tube preamp, if you know what I mean - there are others that do it better, but for that price, it's really good.

Back