Thread: Cool Edit Pro Special Edition

Thanks

Question

Sign in to disable this ad
    hi all , im currently using the demo of cool edit ... now ive heard it has a mixer and some effects with cool edit , are they in the demo ... and if so can someone please tell me where in it ... anyway thanks all...

Thanks

Lightbulb

It doesn't have a mixer, it has mixing functions, some of which are found in the Multitrack View, some of which are in the Edit View. The effects are in the Edit View, under 'Transform'. That's where the Special Edition is lacking, though - when you upgrade to the full Version 1.2, you get all the effects.

Thanks

Wink

hey cheers dobro , is it worth getting the full version u think ??? Ill be comparing it to logic audio .... is it worth it you think ??

Thanks

Lightbulb

I think it depends on your budget and your tastes.

When I got the full version, I was really happy with it. Later, I didn't like the reverbs so much, so I got an outboard unit. I haven't heard what other progs can do, so I can't tell you if this is common to all editors or not. I still think that for what I do, it's a pretty good program, even though, as its critics never tire of pointing out, it doesn't have realtime effects. It constantly gets praised in Audio magazines for being really good for the price. Which kind of makes it like an ART tube preamp, if you know what I mean - there are others that do it better, but for that price, it's really good.

Thanks

Wink

I like the full version a lot, considering i got it for free.

Thread Information