cool edit pro - mono tracks

Milkman

Hi All,

I use Cool Edit Pro to record my audiophile 2496...

However, in the Device Preference area, I do not have a choice to record the left or right channels or this...

How do I choose to record the left or right part of stereo signal?

Also, does anyone know if the line-in on a sb live is stereo or mono?

Thanks.

~Milkman

SB Live is stereo use CEP convert to mono or select options in cep go to setup and set to record mono. change from the 16bit or 32 bit stereo to mono. find out which if any side is recording should be one or the other mine is R side that is converted.

Thanks, but is there a way to record both the L and R sides at the same time (different tracks)??? Sonar gives me the option (left or right) but cep doesn't...

Record L & R highlight one chanel and save as (whatever you want).wav do the same to the other you should be able to save each cannel seperate but it won't let you delete just one side but it will let you either save as a unique copy or copy to clipboard for use in multi. It has been easyier for me just to save one side and it creates a mono track then save the other so you have them as a file. Here is a link with more info on cep's website that may give you more detail. http://support.syntrillium.com/tutorials.html

Last edited:
no problem download the pdf file found in the documents menu in the upper right side it gives you alot of info on many questions.

HOLD ON!

peterson... ignore me if you are too sensitive... but you are nutz.

Milkman.. are you in the Edit or Mutitrack mode? In Multitrack, you should be able to click on the red R and choose the device, and left or right.. thus creating unique tracks from each side of a stereo device. Did you figure out how to do it? If so, party on. But you will be big time wasting your time to record a stereo track and split it up. Complete lunacy. Dont do that.

xoxo

I don't get something...i am going into both inputs on my Mia card, but in CEP, only the right channel can be heard, if i pan hard left, i can't hear anything?????what do i do?

thanks camn - I am in Multitrack mode. That was that problem that I was having - it would only let me select the device, and not the left or right channels. But with the tutorials link, I figure out to click the little "1" button beside the R button. Working now. Thanks guys.

Samich, what kind of monitors/speakers setup you using? I had a problem with my speakers for a while not being able to hear some pans...works now...

Camn

In multitrack my system has problems recording and this is what I have found to work even after upgradeing to dedicated hd and adding one, and also appoligize to Milkman if I have misinformed as mentioned the pdf file that you can dld at syntrillium is more helpful and probably answer's many more questions then I could and posted the link.

Back