Cool Edit 2.1 Giv'in Problems

hardtellin

I have Cool Edit 2.1 , M-audio and a built in sound card Realtek AC97 audio.
We've already recorded our ghost track and now we are adding guuitar tracks. Now here is the complication when we try to record the extra tracks,
we can't hear the guitars but we see waves. (Only the Ghost track plays through the speakers which is RealTek) Then upon play back the track plays with the ghost track. I have went to my outputs and this is what it lists 1.Realtek AC97 Audio , 2. Wave Mapper ,3. M-Audio Delta 1010Lt Multi , 4. wave out s/pdif Delta-1010LT.
I have tried all of them and still no sound during record.
Help Please.
I have noodled with cool edit and had no problem. Now with 2.1 all kinds of problems or is it even in 2.1?

Which sound card is your system using? The Realtek or the Delta? Which one do you want to use? (Wave Mapper's junk - move it over to the other side.)

You have to disable your Realtek audio card and use only Delta.
Cool Edit is totally confused, so are you.
Do disable your RealTek card in BIOS. You don’t need it.
Delta 1010LT is good card. Make sure everything is connected correctly and you’ll be able to record your music and have a fun with it.

What I would like to do is use reaktek for the media player and hear it threw my computor speakers and studio stuff hear it threw m-audio Delta 1010lt card. Would that be feasible or not? thanks sikter for the info I'm trying your info .

If I were you I would use Delta for everything.
Why don't you connect your speakers to delta's outputs and use it for your players too? I don't have Delta 1010LT so maybe I am missing something here.
Or am I?

Yeah, why not use the delta card for everything? It's the best card you have and a good card. Why not have the best sound you can have for everything? Try disabling everything in Cool Edit except the delta card. I bet it works.

hardtellin said:
I have Cool Edit 2.1 , M-audio and a built in sound card Realtek AC97 audio.
We've already recorded our ghost track and now we are adding guuitar tracks. Now here is the complication when we try to record the extra tracks,
we can't hear the guitars but we see waves. (Only the Ghost track plays through the speakers which is RealTek) Then upon play back the track plays with the ghost track. I have went to my outputs and this is what it lists 1.Realtek AC97 Audio , 2. Wave Mapper ,3. M-Audio Delta 1010Lt Multi , 4. wave out s/pdif Delta-1010LT.
I have tried all of them and still no sound during record.
Help Please.
I have noodled with cool edit and had no problem. Now with 2.1 all kinds of problems or is it even in 2.1?

Hey HT!!
how did you go with your issues....did u end up resolving them?
Regards,
Superspit.

hardtellin said:
What I would like to do is use reaktek for the media player and hear it threw my computor speakers and studio stuff hear it threw m-audio Delta 1010lt card. Would that be feasible or not? thanks sikter for the info I'm trying your info .

Right-click "My Computer" on the desktop
Click "properties"
Click the "hardware" tab
Click "Device Manager"

Both sound cards should appear in the Sound & Audio Devices part.

You can disable/enable both sound cards from there for playing music/recording. Having both enabled at the same time will not work.

The best thing you can do is use your Delta for everything as everyone else said. If you are using normal computer speakers you'll probably need some sort of adapter to hook them up to the Delta so you can hear sound.

What I did, was I bought the Presonus HP4 headphone amp. So I can have headphones & my computer speakers hooked up at the same time.

So you would hook the outputs of the Delta card into the Inputs of the HP4. Then hook your speakers/headphones into the outputs of the HP4.

You might need a cheap adapter or maybe you don't. The HP4 accepts 1/4" cables. Most computer speakers use 1/8" jacks. You can get a stereo 1/8" to 1/4" adapter from Radio Shack for just a few dollars. They just snap on to the end of the cable.

Back