Thread: clicking popping

Thanks

Thumbs down

Sign in to disable this ad
    I just bought a new mixer and when i record my bass track it sounds great during the recording but i get a clicking noise on play back.

Thanks

Wink

What do you record to? Could you be clipping?

Thanks

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Track Rat:
    What do you record to? Could you be clipping?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its like a garble every couple of seconds, it doesnt matter what my volume is at. i have reinstalled cool edit but it still happens im not sure if its my sound card or hard drive???

Thanks

Question

Hi jlp - how do you know it sounds great when recording? Are you DIing the bass and listening through headphones?

Thanks

Wink

hey,
    i listen to headphones off the computer while recording, dont know what DIing means?

Thanks

Lightbulb

DI is direct in. Bass straight into the mixer without an amp. I think you answered my question anyway. If it sounds good through the phones, then the problem isn't the bass, cable or mixer, right? The problem probably isn't CEP either - it's pretty reliable most of the time.

Pops and clicks seem to be an inevitable part of hard-disk recording right now. I get them regularly, but not frequently. That's why Cool Edit has a click/pop remover. But if you're getting them every couple of seconds, then there's some major problem - my guess is something to do with the computer, but I'm no whizz at this stuff.

Suggestion: post this problem in the Computer Recording Forum, where lotsa experienced people hang out. I'll follow the thread - I'm interested too.

Thread Information