Can I import custom effect settings from CoolEdit Pro into Adobe Audition?

superdean

I've been using CoolEdit Pro for 16-track studio recording since 2002...Now moving to Audition so that files will write directly to drive when tracking.
I've got a large amount of custom effects presets (100's) that I'd like to have available for use, as well as have available if I import previous CEP sessions into AA.
Is this possible? I tried dragging the Cool.ini folder into the Audition 2 shortcut, and it did add all the effects to the Audition effects presets xml folder, but they are all described in numbers format (whereas the Audition presets are formatted with long strings of letters) and they don't show up in the FX racks...is there a way to convert this format?
Thanks!

Last edited:
You really wanna know?

Then stop wasting your time on this site, and go over to the p2p forum at Adobe. Somebody there will answer your question correctly in less than a day.

However, are you familiar with the ses>sesx utility that Suitespot has created? It's probably your best bet. Start here:

Ses2sesx - Bulk Audition/CEP Conversion Utility

You really wanna know?

Then stop wasting your time on this site, and go over to the p2p forum at Adobe.

That's got to be the best and worst advice I've read here today! :) The best because you pointed him in the right/best direction, and the worst because you said "stop wasting your time on this site." The royal "we" know what you meant, but it almost sounded like you were saying that any time people spend on this site is a waste. :eek: :laughings:

By the way, the only reason I clicked on this thread was because I had downloaded a trial version of Cool Edit Pro and I'm also curious about any (ex)portability issues with Audition. Not that I'm likely to use either one, mind you-- I'd downloaded CEP only because someone at another site mentioned they were using it, and I had thought to check it out to try to answer their question regarding whatever-it-was-they-were-asking (I forget, so sue me). I believe that the person migrated to another DAW after somebody suggested one, and I already have too many installed DAWs that I don't use-- but in the potential event that I ever decide to pursue Cool Edit Pro (which thankfully seems to base its "trial period" on the time it's actually been used rather than the time it's sat unused on a person's hard drive), I now know where to go to learn more about exporting my CEP projects to Audition. :thumbs up:

Maybe this forum has changed since the time I used to be moderator of it, but one reason I abandoned it and now get my information from the Adobe forum is because that's where the experts are. And if you don't like the way I answered his question, why don't YOU answer it? If you know the answer, I mean. Or are you one of the many people who *don't* know that much about the program but inhabit backwater forums like this one thinking it's a cool place to find expert information?

Back