Thread: Bus sens on AA suck!!

Thanks

Bus sens on AA suck!!

Sign in to disable this ad
    What were they thinking. This "bus" idea is lame. Why doesn't Adobe implement a proper aux send and have the busses work like on a normal mixing board. (ie being able to assign the busses to the mains) I guess they have never mixed with a mixing board before.

If you have tried working with the busses before then you know my pains. I want to be able to have the channel I am sending to the buss still going through the mains. If I can't, it defeats the purpose. I want to have control of the wet/dry balance simply by turning the buss down. (making it effectively an aux send) Also, I might want to do some parallel compression. But no!! I can't because I don't have the channel I am sending going through the main bus anymore. So it is easier just to make a copy of the channel and let it be the "aux return."

Am I doing something wrong or is the a feature that should be implemented soon?

Beez
    My mic collection sucks now, but at least I have a girlfreind.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezoboy
    What were they thinking. This "bus" idea is lame. Why doesn't Adobe implement a proper aux send and have the busses work like on a normal mixing board. (ie being able to assign the busses to the mains) I guess they have never mixed with a mixing board before.

If you have tried working with the busses before then you know my pains. I want to be able to have the channel I am sending to the buss still going through the mains. If I can't, it defeats the purpose. I want to have control of the wet/dry balance simply by turning the buss down. (making it effectively an aux send) Also, I might want to do some parallel compression. But no!! I can't because I don't have the channel I am sending going through the main bus anymore. So it is easier just to make a copy of the channel and let it be the "aux return."

Am I doing something wrong or is the a feature that should be implemented soon?

Beez
    Your'e not doing anything wrong, CEP/AA has a MAJOR weakness in it's bus design, it really does suck if you're familiar and used to working with "normal" aux and submix busses on a hardware console.

CEP/AA also has a big problem with multitrack recording, if you record 12 to 16 tracks at once for a 5 minute song, it writes these wave files to a temporary folder, then when you go to save them, it has to re-write all of them to the project folder, you'll be sitting there for about 20 minutes saving all of those tracks one after the other, with just about any other program, after you're done recording, you hit save, and BAM! it's saved, all of it, all at once, in less than a second, and you're moving on to the next take.

I still use CEP for a few things, like batch file conversions, MP3 conversion, and sometimes for "forensic" types of waveform editing, such as noise/hiss reduction, but I've moved on to other, better, multitrack software for my recording/editing/mixing needs.

Thanks
    I must also say that just last week I gave n-tracks a try. Boy I don't know why I didn't change sooner. I still use AA to clean up and edit but no longer record.

Thanks
    Is the actual recording quality bad in Adobe Audition? If not than I can feel safe staying with it because I don't have a problem with these things. I just think it's very user friendly/what I'm used to.

Thanks
    I concur... I took a day to try to figure out Cubase LE. Just got tired and went back to A.A. Better the devil you know.

Thanks
    CEP/AA's audio quality is just fine, most of my nitpicking about it is based on other aspects of the program, If it fits the way you work and you're comfortable with it, then it's all good.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the edzell
    I concur... I took a day to try to figure out Cubase LE. Just got tired and went back to A.A. Better the devil you know.
    Did you get a free copy with a Presonus Firepod too??? haha. I actually use Cubase for a few odd things....VST instruments etc...

The only real thing I don't like about AA is that there are not different automation envelopes for different effects. I basically have to use a buss for all the effects I want to stay the same throughout the track(EQ, Compression, etc) and then use the fx envelope for the other effects that might change throughout the track. This isn't as flexible as I'd wish. Anyway around this?

Other than that, what are the things people don't like about AA/CEP?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIEFCASEMANX
    Did you get a free copy with a Presonus Firepod too??? haha. I actually use Cubase for a few odd things....VST instruments etc...

The only real thing I don't like about AA is that there are not different automation envelopes for different effects. I basically have to use a buss for all the effects I want to stay the same throughout the track(EQ, Compression, etc) and then use the fx envelope for the other effects that might change throughout the track. This isn't as flexible as I'd wish. Anyway around this?

Other than that, what are the things people don't like about AA/CEP?
    Yep. Maybe I'm slow but I just couldn't get the hang of it. Espcially when trying to get in drum loops. It was one of those things where I could spend 30 minutes figuring something out in Cubase or have it done in 10 on A.A.

How do the VST Plug ins compare between Cubase and AA? Better, worse or just different?

Thanks
    AA won't let me use VST synths or Guitar Rig

Thanks
    Hum... I use Amplitube with no problem. I wouldn't think guitar rig would be a problem.

I tried to load Cubases Plug-ins. No dice!!!1

Thread Information