Thread: Better or Worse?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi.

I have cool edit pro right now.

exactly what makes CEP any better or worse than any other multi-tracking software out there?

although i have used the software quite a bit for a myriad of purposes, i feel i am hardly qualified to pass any kind of judgement on it.

so what are it's strengths? weaknesses? what software packages are better and why?

i understand that this is a forum for CEP users ... but i would appreciate objectivity.

i am quite a newbie and am dreadfully sorry if this question has been asked before.

thank you for your time.

-vw

Thanks
    It's cheaper than most and easier to use than many.

On the other hand, it doesn't have real-time processing of effects, so you have to wait forever to apply some reverbs, for example. Another downside is that Syntrillium are taking a very long to come up with a new version of Cool Edit, which everyone is hoping will bring it up to par with other editors.

Thanks
    Well frank, there are lots of reason I think CEP is alot better than any other multitrack programs like Cakewalk, N-Track studio. For one, you have a tons of tools at your fingertips, actually some of the best tools you can find. You have a lot more options with CEP than any other program.

Some things I dislike about CEP are how long it takes some things to process. In the latest update of CEP (1.2a) they have made processing time go by a bit quicker.

The best thing to do is to try out some demos of other multitrackers and see which program fits your needs the best but I bet you'll be using CEP in the end.

What kind of system are you running? How much memory? What type of soundcard?

Thanks
    i am running on a 450 mhz system. i have about 128 meg of RAM, and have a Guillimont Maxisound Fortissimo sound card. The only problem is i have a 5 gb hard drive. yeah ... that kind of sucks a lot.

I am considering in investing in one of those cards with 8 inputs (so i can wire in my 8 track and record all of the tracks at once). Do you guys think that my system could handle that? (if i OF COURSE attained a bigger hard drive).

thanks for the input everyone. i know what you mean about stuff taking so long on CEP. maybe that is why i smoke so many cigarettes when i am using it.

Thread Information