A AWESOME SOUNDCARD at a NOMINAL PRICE

charon17

I use cooledit pro along with a Yamaha SYG20 which was part of a multi-media computer packadge I got 5 years ago..
Well no doubt it's time for me to get a new computer, but I have been survivng, and from what I hear about soundcards it acctually has pretty darn kick ass sound quality. Sadly I think I will be retiring this computer very soon and replacing it with a monster computer stripped down purely to pump out music.

All fine and dandy.. but is it?

What sound card would you folks recommend I aquire that wouldn't essentially cost the same amount as the computer I'm going to buy, and would produce sound quality supirior to my Yamaha...?

On the side, if anyone has any recommendations for hardware I should get for my comp (special ram, specific mother board etc.) please feel free to share..

I appreciate all help!

Charon

A Thankyou

Wow, thanks for replying so quickly!
These cards look fabulous.. can you vouch for them from personal first hand experience? The price almost blew me away..
I thought forsure I would have to pay about 1000$ (Can)

Thanks again!!

Charon

i have a hoontech myself and the quality is extreme. I felt allmost like i had robbed someone.. :D but in a nice way... ehhh....

http://www.staudio.com/
there you find the bigger hoontech cards. I wanna upgrade to a DSP2000 C-Port

Quality Control

Thanks for your opinion!! it helps me in the debate between m-audio and hoontech.. and hoontech is soo fabuously cheap to.. maybe I'll do some robbin' of my own :) !

Thanks again!
Charon

Back