avoiding hangups - start from the start

dobro

I used to have the problem of CEP hanging up and freezing just as I was starting to record a take. Now, it still happens, but far less frequently. The only difference in my approach is this: before, when I had recorded a track and wanted to get rid of it, I right clicked on the track and then left clicked on 'destroy wave block', and then recorded again in the same session. Now, when I want to get rid of a track, I get rid of the entire session, and set up a new session. Far fewer problems. CEP likes fresh beginnings.

you got to select "remove waveblock" to destroy just the one wav. Hope I helped the esteem moderator.

-Jack

I used to do that, but a lot of rubbish started accumulating in my Windows temp file.

Now, I do neither, and get better overall results from my system.

But if you really want to help, I have a question. Because I start an entirely new session every time I track, I have to click about a dozen times on a dozen different things before I click on 'record'. These clicks are always the same. Do you know if there's a way to store these settings in CEP so that just one or two clicks will set up a whole new session?

I have some questons on that note as well. Cep doesn't seem to support scriping in multitrack mode whats the deal with that? Can anyone recommend a good Macro recorder? everytime I go to record I have to set in 1 left in 1 right out wav1/2 blah blah blah I'd love to be abble to hit record and just make music.... <---85%musician 15%button pusher.. Also this may sound silly but 64mb of ram just isn't going to cut it with eight tracks is it, I'm getting alot of hang ups switching to playback...

You can make a template that will take care of your settings right up untill you hit "record"...
It's been awhile, so bear with me...
Set up all of your inputs and outputs and all of the variables to where you want them and then DONT RECORD ANYTHING...
Save the session as "template"...
Then, whenever you get ready to record... just open "template"... Everything will be set up... When you are done... Save the session with a name and you are outta there...
This should work...

It almost works for me. Problem is, when I open the template file, the record button's greyed out, and I have to, for example, click on recording level meters and then close that again for the record button to come alive.

Anybody else?

ok new problem, when I load cep and go into multitrak mode my "file" pull down is greyed out. I have to x out and click a session file to get into mt mode

Back