Audition: How to adjust the volume of a song using the master fader

Hissfit

I can't for the life of me find out how to do this. I'm trying to fade and adjust the volume of the whole song/session. I was expecting to be able to create a fade in, fade out on the MASTER track and fade the whole song, however I can't seem to find a way to do it. I though I'd be able to even draw, adjust the overall volume with points and curves like I can on individual tracks, but do it on the master in the same way. But my master is of course blank.

How do I do this? I know I used to do what I'm saying with ProTools way back when.

OP is trying to put a curve on the master output, i.e. the stereo mix. I don't know how to do it, or whether it can be done, in Audition. I expect there is a way.

There are several ways you can do it in Reaper. It seems like a basic thing you would want to do.

OP is trying to put a curve on the master output, i.e. the stereo mix. I don't know how to do it, or whether it can be done, in Audition. I expect there is a way.

There are several ways you can do it in Reaper. It seems like a basic thing you would want to do.

In "edit view" -

1. highlight the section to be faded from beginning to end.

2. Go to "effects menu" and choose fade out.

In "Multitrack view"

Enable envelope editing and draw the fade you want on any track(s) of your choice.

Back