Audition 4

Well, sort of. Audition 4 will be a cross platform product available for Mac and Windows. The Mac version of the software has been in public Beta for about 3 months now. There's no public Beta of the PC version but this will be released at the same time as the Mac. No dates have been released yet.

THIS VIDEO gives a sneak peak of the new version--it talks about Mac but we're told the PC version will have the same features.

Bob

No news, but the rumors (whatever you think rumors are worth), are that Version 4 has jettisoned various features that previous versions had. The list has included: MIDI, CD burning, and the Group function in Multitrack View. Some of this based on hearsay, and some of it is based on a survey that Adobe did asking people about the feature set in Version 4 and what they wanted to see in subsequent versions. The good news is that they're talking about subsequent versions. The bad news is that if they dump features I like in Audition 3, I'll probably have to wait until Version 5 to get them back. Which pisses me off, cuz I'd love to take advantage of the fact that Version 4 is so much faster than previous versions. But in the end, you just have to wait until it's released to find out what's in (and what's not in) the new version.

Back