Audio is flatlined

Rich Rule

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 9.22.39 PM.png

I was mixing audio from a live performance when there was a power outage. I turned my MAC back on and opened Audition 5.5 to finish the edit and all of my files are flatlined. There is no volume at all. The tracks shows they are being played, but no wav signal. I'm using a Presonus Audiobox USB for my interface. I have checked the in put and output settings and they are set for the interface. I'm sure there is something simple that I'm missing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Subscribing.. I've not heard of this and interested where it leads.
I have heard this is easy to have happen during the recording..
I do hope it turns out well, BUT.. Job one at the end of each session- shoot at every major break in the session..
Do Your Backups! :eek:

Have you tried playing those files in any other application, e.g. winamp, vlc or some kind of media player?

Have you examined their properties to see what size they are?

It's a new one on me, and I'm not sure what might have happened.

I think I have figured out the problem. I had the audio on an external drive and was saving back to that drive. After the power outage, Adobe Audition didn't recognize the files for some reason. Luckily I had the audio files from the soundboard audio. I reloaded those files and it worked. The downside is, I have to remix the audio. From now on every session will be saved to the main hard drive then moved to the external drive.

This screams of the importance of having UPS battery power on your computer and recording gear. They are cheap these days. Not only will they protect you from the above scenario during a power outage but may save your valuable hardware in the case of a large violent power bump that could fry your computer.

Back