Anybody knows how to make this voice effect?

Worthing

Hey guys. I'm trying to find out how to produce a famous voice effect I've heard quite a bit. I could describe it like a pre-echo to my voice, going louder before the wave starts until it reachs the beginning of it, and stopping right there, leaving the voice alone. I've heard it, for example, in Pearl Jam's song 'Even flows', exactly when Vedder sings those words, and in the movie 'Poltergeist', when the little girl speaks from that somwhere she's lost in.
I'll thank a lot anybody who can give me a clue or just point where to find tutorials to make cool voice effects and things like that. Thx.

Pre-reverb I guess you'd call it: Take a copy of your vocal track, reverse it, then add tons of reverb (and poss other effects) to it. Now re-reverse it and mix it in with your original vocal track.

"Reverse reverb" is actually an effect that follows the input signal (and so can be done in real time) where the reverb tail actually fades in instead of out, creating a very etherial sound.

Thanks a lot mate. The effect was exactly what I was after. It's cool to see there's people out there, I'm really thankful for the fast answer also. See ya.

Back