almost happy> Audition 2.0/E-mu 1820/Behringer ADA8000

halffastforward

I record at 44.1/16 on up to 14 tracks at once in live performance situations using Audition 2.0 software with the E-mu 1820 audio dock and a Behringer ADA8000. I am fairly happy with this setup except for a slight 'buzziness' sound :confused: that I get on bass guitar mostly; sometimes noticeable on keys, guitar, and vocals.

If I could eliminate this unwanted sound from my recordings I would enter state of recording bliss. :D

Any input, including direction to a post already alleviating this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Trav

Without details, I am guessing it's a ground loop. This happens when you plug various equipment into different outlets that may not have a solid ground connection or the same grounding point. They will try to ground themselves to each other through the shield wire or outer coax of your signal wires and cause that buzzing.

Another source might be dimmer switches on the same circuit.

good luck with it.

Without details, I am guessing it's a ground loop.

Thanks you for the quick reply, a good guess really. I run through a power conditioner that shows whether my circuit is grounded. Most of the places I am recording are built for bands and are on separate circuits that are grounded. Sometimes there are guitar amps or PA equipment plugged into the same circuit, but not through my power conditioner.

Now I am curious if mixing/applying software effects while plugged into a circuit that is not grounded could add noise if the tracks were recorded while plugged into a grounded circuit.

Also, I posted on this thread in case someone that uses Audition thinks it might be software effects. I have even replaced my optical cables in case the ones I had were damaged. I don't use any of the MIDI capabilities, I only use the analog inputs.

Back