Adobe for Mac, importing to Adobe for PC

sarals

Hi, fellas!

I don't just talk about microphones!

I've been using AA3 for a long time, but just for editing and mastering. Last fall I downloaded the beta of Adobe for Mac to my MBP. I wanted to try using my MBP in a backup role to my HD24XR. Adobe for Mac works fine, BUT. I can't apply edits in AA3 to anything that I recorded using Adobe for Mac. AA3 won't recognize those files. I could likely figure something out, but I decided to ask here if anyone knows what I can do - if anything - to edit files recorded on an Adobe for Mac box in a PC with AA3

Thanks!

Once AA4 is released we will add it the formats supported by AATranslator.

Also something which may be relevant and of interest is that we will be releasing an application which will bulk convert all SES files (from CEP to AA3) to the new AA4 format.
The plan is for it to be released at the same time as AA4 and it will be donationware.
It will convert all the usual items but will also convert things like track EQ and all the relevant internal fx bringing across all the settings to AA4.
Conversion of fx and their settings will be for AA1.5, AA2 & AA3.
A lot of external fx will at least show up in AA4 but without their settings.

It will be a PC application but it will run under WINE.

This is a huge job and has taken us months of very hard work so obviously any support by way of donations would not go unnoticed.

Being donationware I'm hoping this is not perceived as an advertisement - if so I apologise but I feel that this information and the conversion utility should be of valuable assistance to the CEP/Audition community.

Back