Adobe Audition for Win. XP only?

werewolf831

I have CE2K right now and was going to upgrade to Adobe Audition (only $99, why not?)
It says at the website, built for Win XP, yet under system requirements it says Win 98SE, which is what I'm running. Does anyone know if Win 98 SE will work?
thanks,
Werewolf

Um, I understand that a hundred bucks isn't all that much money for good software, but I've got a question: what can Adobe Audition do that Cool 2.1 can't?

I didn't realize I could upgrade to Xp that cheap. I really don't know much about Operating Systems, I just use what's on my computer!

Dobro, i don't have Cool Edit 2.1, I have Cool edit 2000. Adobe is repackaging 2.1 as Abobe Audition and offering it for $99 to existeng Cool Edit 2000 users. For 99 bucks, I'll try it. I'm not really a daw person, I use Adats to track, but I wouldn't mind trying some computer recording program just to check it out.

Actually, you can get Windows XP Home, full version (OEM) here for $102.

It doesn't have all the fancy packaging, but it's a full version, not an upgrade disc.

That's what I usually buy when I build a system.

I would definitely upgrade; I would have switched to Mac by now if I still had to use Win98.

Unless Adobe actually change something in the software, there's no point in upgrading yet. Its simply a transition to Adobe's name. The upgrade (or transition ) should be free. When they actually add new features I might upgrade but untill then im not paying for different name.

Polaris20 said:
Actually, you can get Windows XP Home, full version (OEM) here for $102.

It doesn't have all the fancy packaging, but it's a full version, not an upgrade disc.

That's what I usually buy when I build a system.

I would definitely upgrade; I would have switched to Mac by now if I still had to use Win98.

sweet thanks for the link- but it says it has to ship with hardware to comply with the license agreement. whats that bout- do they send you like a broken old 286 motherboard just to say it shipped with hardware?

kremitmusic said:
sweet thanks for the link- but it says it has to ship with hardware to comply with the license agreement. whats that bout- do they send you like a broken old 286 motherboard just to say it shipped with hardware?

I see where you read that, however that company doesn't even sell hardware, and I've bought OEM stuff before and never had an issue. Weird. Also, when I clicked through to add to cart, it didnt say anything about hardware.

Polaris20 said:
I see where you read that, however that company doesn't even sell hardware, and I've bought OEM stuff before and never had an issue. Weird. Also, when I clicked through to add to cart, it didnt say anything about hardware.

**shrugs shoulders** i dunno- if it works it works! Thanks for the link

I was using CEP 2.1 and took advantage of the Adobe Audition free upgrade offer. I'm running Win98SE and CEP has been totally trouble-free [always excepting my own self-inflicted wounds] since I started with CEP 1.2 3 years ago. The first thing I found was the new support policy: I may be wrong, but the only way I could access the owner's guide was to enter my Adobe serial number and once I got to the manual I could neither download it, or save it as a favorite, or save it to disc. Since the only time I need the manual is in a hurry (!) I don't think Adobe understands the recording business. The second thing I discovered yesterday in my first long recording session since the upgrade (Adobe's term) is that the computer freezes and can't be restarted without a cold boot. That's a hell of a surprise in the middle of tracking! I'm going to go uninstall Adobe Audball and reinstall CEP 2.1 and see if my computer will go back to being something I can use for recording.

lpdeluxe - let us know how the 'kill audition, reinstall 2.1' goes. Some people over at Adobe were reporting serious registry problems when they tried that.

Back