Which Adobe Audition version would you recommend?

Wilde

Hi Guys - Signed in - wrote a a detailed description of my problem and then when I submitted the flipping post - it told me that I had to log in to have the post published - it is not the first time this happpens to me- so obviously there is something wrong as far as posting is concerned.
Anyway, I have used Adobe Audition for over a decade and I am quite happy with it - but since changing from Windows XP to Windows 7 - I can record fine but when I am mixing and mastering then I start having problems. I cannot analyze my mixes - I click analyze - statistics and it crashes. I tried the Adobe Forum but it seems to be futile exercise - the ones in the know hardly ever answer and then we have some ego trippers that waffle and waffle but never get to the point. I need some serious, objective help here, if I could. This is what I get when it crashes - I'm very sorry that it is in Spanish but I am hoping that you can still see the root of the problem.

Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASH
Nombre de la aplicación: Audition.exe
Versión de la aplicación: 1.5.4124.1
Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 40980e38
Nombre del módulo con errores: Audition.exe
Versión del módulo con errores: 1.5.4124.1
Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 40980e38
Código de excepción: c0000005
Desplazamiento de excepción: 0026fd0f
Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Id. de configuración regional: 3082
Información adicional 1: bd63
Información adicional 2: bd635bd1690ab24b6ac003dfb7d959a7
Información adicional 3: cfa0
Información adicional 4: cfa050b7064cb4e7d049640d334

I have 2 questions if I may
1) Is this fixable, does anybody know how?
2) I have been thinking for a while about purchasing another version - preferably the one that allows for Midi recording as well - you see, I mainly record audio but for EZDrummer, Keyboards, etc - I use either FL or Cubase and then I export them to my main DAW - Adobe. So from your experience, which version would you recommend? Compatible with Windows 7 - practical, intuitive layout like Adobe1.5 and that would provide me with the necessary tools to keep on working. I'm in the middle of recording new material, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - I can't afford to have this thing crashing on me all the time. I would also like to point out that I am a musician not a sound engineer - Everything I do in my Home Studio has been thru trial and error and reading tutorials, preferably for dummies (LOL) - all the technical jargon leaves me stranded. So please be kind to me - lol - and try to use simple language (like talking to a guy that gets lost in major jargon) when putting forward your viewpoints

Thanks ever so much

Back