Adobe Audition update

Jim Y

I noticed the free update from CEP2 to Audition is now available and have downloaded it.
Unfortunately, it won't install. I get something like "Error initialising update file"
Has anyone updated yet?

Jim Y said:
I noticed the free update from CEP2 to Audition is now available and have downloaded it.
Unfortunately, it won't install. I get something like "Error initialising update file"
Has anyone updated yet?

I purchased CEP 2.1 about 4 months ago in boxed form. I have now decided to go ahead with my free Audition upgrade. I follow the instructions to the "T", and when I get to the prompts just before installation, I get this message:

"Setup could not find a qualifying product. You may install a qualifying version of the product, or contact adobe customer service."

Is there anyone out there that has had this problem, or anyone who can give me some suggestions? I am at a loss since I have a obviously possess a "qualifying" version. Thanks in advance. ---Lee

I've updated successfully

I just downloaded the file from the website.
It came with a serial number.
When I installed it, it said that it was only updating and not new install yet after the install both CEP and Auditon were there.

Tukkis

Tukkis said:
I've updated successfully

I just downloaded the file from the website.
It came with a serial number.
When I installed it, it said that it was only updating and not new install yet after the install both CEP and Auditon were there.

Tukkis

There be many other not as fortunate as yourself. Are you using Win XP? Did you upgrade from CEP 2.0 or CEP 2.1? Curious here. ---Lee

I'm using Windows 98SE.

Upgraded from CEP 2.1

It's nothing new anyways. Everything is mainly the same. I think it integrates with Adobe Premiere though.
The layout is all the same just with a Adobe Audition logo.

Tukkis

Re: Re: Adobe Audition update

SOUND DIAGNOSIS said:
I purchased CEP 2.1 about 4 months ago in boxed form. I have now decided to go ahead with my free Audition upgrade. I follow the instructions to the "T", and when I get to the prompts just before installation, I get this message:

"Setup could not find a qualifying product. You may install a qualifying version of the product, or contact adobe customer service."

Is there anyone out there that has had this problem, or anyone who can give me some suggestions? I am at a loss since I have a obviously possess a "qualifying" version. Thanks in advance. ---Lee

CEP 2 has to be installed while you're installing the AA upgrade.

Well ok. I downloaded the upate again and it worked. I had to turn my virus scan off, I think it may have screwed the first d/load. Should have checked the file size - you should see 28026KB in explorer. A fair chunk of that is the new and crappy Audition "demo" multitrack session. Nice of them to include that - NOT! :mad:

I think the updater really might expect to find CEP2 (2.0 or 2.1) in the default folder - C:/ProgramFiles/CoolPro2/
Just to be sure, I put the update .exe in there too.
Hopefully, for those with multi-boot to several o/s partitions, the C: won't be essential. If it is, well, DUH!

It actually installs Audition as a complete and seperate entity - you still have your CEP2 installation.

There don't appear to be any improvements to the program. Audition neither includes nor supports the Syntrillium CD burning plug-in.
Looks like they spent the last couple of months just renaming everything in the prog and help files.

Ok- so its worth getting Audition to make future upgrades possible BUT it doesn't look like Adobe are a good company, despite or because of their high position in pro media software, I don't think they understand the audio market.
Weekday only and telephone only tech support? (actually, in all the years I've used CEP, I never once needed tech support!)
Listing the product under Digital Video software?
No entry level version - CE2K is no more - they've handed the audio market over to Steinberg. Idiots!

Jim Y said:
Well ok. I downloaded the upate again and it worked. I had to turn my virus scan off, I think it may have screwed the first d/load. Should have checked the file size - you should see 28026KB in explorer. A fair chunk of that is the new and crappy Audition "demo" multitrack session. Nice of them to include that - NOT! :mad:

I think the updater really might expect to find CEP2 (2.0 or 2.1) in the default folder - C:/ProgramFiles/CoolPro2/
Just to be sure, I put the update .exe in there too.
Hopefully, for those with multi-boot to several o/s partitions, the C: won't be essential. If it is, well, DUH!

It actually installs Audition as a complete and seperate entity - you still have your CEP2 installation.

There don't appear to be any improvements to the program. Audition neither includes nor supports the Syntrillium CD burning plug-in.
Looks like they spent the last couple of months just renaming everything in the prog and help files.

Ok- so its worth getting Audition to make future upgrades possible BUT it doesn't look like Adobe are a good company, despite or because of their high position in pro media software, I don't think they understand the audio market.
Weekday only and telephone only tech support? (actually, in all the years I've used CEP, I never once needed tech support!)
Listing the product under Digital Video software?
No entry level version - CE2K is no more - they've handed the audio market over to Steinberg. Idiots!

Tried everything I could, including update.exe into cep2 folder with no luck. Same message:
This sucks. Why me???
:confused: :( lol

I read on the Adobe site that you get "complimentary support" for certain products for a given period of time...after which I think you have to pay for support. Has anyone else seen this? Has anyone tried to get support from Adobe?

When I downloaded the demo version of CEP I had a couple of questions and the email support from Syntrillium was excellent...online tutorials...support was one of the reasons I went with CEP. (aside from an overall great product)

Hey guys. I got on the phone with a level 2 techie named "Nick" who guided me through many hills and valleys and got the job done. Essentially, the registry had to be wiped of old CEP laundry, and I had to make a point to save all of my custom settings on verbs, compression, etc. Now, I have to really audition "Audition" and put it through the usual paces and make sure it doesn't cough or spit up motherboard chunks during normal day-to-day operation. Call support if you have a "qualifying" problem. (Unless you are a gee-nee-us) Hope this helps. ----Lee

Will installing this override the old Cool Edit versions? I have Cool edit 2000, not pro, I just don't want to wind up losing it.
Cheers,

werewolf831 said:
Will installing this override the old Cool Edit versions? I have Cool edit 2000, not pro, I just don't want to wind up losing it.
Cheers,

Can't say. But I still have a fully functioning CEP 2.1 as well as Audition on my puter. You need to ask the Adobe dudes. Best of luck! ---Lee

Back