adobe audition now?!

exojjl

What is this?! cooleditpro is now owned by adobe and called Audition?!?! so basicly its a totally different program with new stuff, maybe it looks like cooledit? Ill proboly just stick with CEP, its still superior to most progs I think.

The very first release of Adobe Audition, which is probably going on 2 years old now, was IDENTICAL to the Cool Edit 2.1. I dont think they made any changes. The newest release of Adobe Audition is 1.5, I dont think there is anything newer yet, and it is WWWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better than Cool Edit.

thajeremy said:
The very first release of Adobe Audition, which is probably going on 2 years old now, was IDENTICAL to the Cool Edit 2.1. I dont think they made any changes. The newest release of Adobe Audition is 1.5, I dont think there is anything newer yet, and it is WWWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better than Cool Edit.

I wouldn't say that it's "WWWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY" better but it is better none the less. There are a few more features and some other cool things that are useful but it's still basically the same program. Actually, if you are a die hard CEP user, you may find AA's interface a little confusing at first. A lot of things have been renamed and moved around.

For example: When you right click on a track in multi-track view, 'Loop Duplicate' is now 'Clip Duplicate'. When you go into the Edit menu in multi-track view, there is no more 'Show Mixers Window'. Instead, there is a button on the tool bar that you have to press. And if you want to destroy a track in your timeline, you get two prompts instead of just one.

It's a lot of little things like that which make AA a little more confusing and time consuming for CEP vets. I imagine that if you're starting out with AA you won't mind so much.

But anyway... Back on subject. Where the hell have you been? I can understand your dismay and fear but I believe that it's all for the best. Good luck on your future recordings.

I remember having Cool Edit, then AA 1.0. I saw AA 1.5 and was SCARED to even move it around. True dat. But honestly, you're better off with VST plugin support. so gogogogo. AA 1.5 IS better than cool edit. it'll scare you at first, but once you get to know it, it's all good. it's got new stuff that's definitely worth it.

I've been a user since Cool Edit Pro 1.2, and Adobe Audition is a tremendous improvement in convenience and in the quality of the plugins, etc. I'd hate to go back to 1.2...or even 2.0, since that didn't allow control surfaces (other than the late lamented Red Rover). I can very quickly set a session, record up to 8 channels (16 if I put the second sound card back in), and get nice-sounding results.

i got cooledit 2000 sometime within a year of it coming out, and it worked great and perfectly, so to my mind, no other program came. Is audition as reliable as cooledit? Ive never had problems while using other adobe programs like Premiere and Photoshop though. I wonder why adobe bought cooledit rather than another one. I wonder if they knew how superior cooledit is to other programs?!

Back