Adobe Audition and MOTU 2408

79_Les_Paul

Hello all,

I'm obviously new and this is my first post. I've been lurking around for about a week and finally decided to join in.

I have Adobe Audition and recently purchased a MOTU 2408 off of ebay... the unit hasn't arrived yet but I've been hard at work fixing up my "room" in anticipation of getting starting.

I'm not new to the home recording thing, having had a Yamaha MT44D unit since the mid eighties. But I am looking forward to going digital..

I'm saving up for a pair of Behringer 2031 Truth monitors..(unless someone has a better suggestion)..and I already have a Behringer UB2442FX-Pro board.

Now on to my question... Has anyone had any issues with the MOTU 2408 using Audition?? I'm trying to avoid wasting my time and would appreciate the knowledge of this forum.

Thanks in advance...

Charlie

Dont' know...haven't recieved it yet

Are you saying the MOTU will have issues with Audition??

I don't understand your question.

Hey,
I'm running a motu 2408 under winXP pro with CEP2.0 and it all works fine. The 2408 has WDM and ASIO drivers so you're all set.
I'm no expert but WDM is the audio driver structure under windows 98SE, ME, 2K and XP where ASIO is simply a different audio driver, used usually with Cubase and the likes. From what I gather ASIO offers lower latency however WDM works fine.

correct me if I'm wrong
scott.

I couldn't get my 2408mkii to work without crackles with CEP2.0.

I was just in the process of moving to Samplitude when it arrived so I didn't spend much time messing with it.

Back