Adobe Audition for Mac (Beta)

Booch_21

Has anyone tried it? Based on some of what I've read here, it appears to be a PC based software majority of users here.

I recently jumped from the Windows platform after a lot of years, 20-25 I think. I run Windows 7 in Parallels on the Mac and run Audition 3 there. I love that program but was anxious to get my hands on the Mac version when the Beta came out.

I've been using it for a short time. The major drawback is that it won't read the AA3 session files directly. They need to be saved in AA3 as XML files and read into AA4 Mac as that. Everything converts just fine, no issues that I've seen.

I also have Soundbooth CS4 (Win) and Soundbooth CS5 (Mac) and that program does not hold a candle to Audition. I understand Adobe's thinking on getting a lesser program out there for basic audio users, but it is not very good for anyone that has used Audition at all.

As I said, I'm curious if anyone is using AA Mac and what you think of it. I like what I see and if this is the precursor for AA for Win, everyone will love it.

Back