Adobe Audition 1.5 - Choppy playback please help!!

psychodj

Hi,

I am using adobe audition 1.5. Basically I have produced some tracks in Reason 3.0, then imported them into Adobe Audition. I then have two MC's/rappers that I am trying to record onto this track using a microphone through adobe audition. They seem to record ok in the multitrack view but when i play back the rapping that has been recorded seems to have slight breaks in it, as if the recorder has stopped recording and then started again. Can anyone give me any ideas as to what i am doing wrong or what needs switching on or off.

My computer is a dell with 512 of ram so should be ok to run the program.

Any help would be cool

Psycho

You can also check out some options within Audition that have helped me in the past.

At the top, where it lists File, Edit, etc. click on Options. Then click on Settings which is near the end of the menu. Under Settings, look for the tab labeled Multitrack. There it lists playing and recording buffers. The settings will depend on your system, but I would try increasing/decreasing those values to see if it helps. Click on the help tab for descriptions of what each buffer does. That will take some experimentation to get right.

If that doesn't work or makes it worse, it might be the soundcard or device you are using to record the vocals.

Hope that helps.

Back