Adobe Audition 1.0 Why does everything sound delayed

Hershel

I'm new to recording. Have Adobe Audition 1.0 When set up to record, everything I here coming through my head phones is delayed. When I try to record track 2 with track 1, the sound is so delayed that it is impossible to record. Even when there is no tracks armed. the live sounds are delayed. I must have something set wrong.

I'm new to recording. Have Adobe Audition 1.0 When set up to record, everything I here coming through my head phones is delayed. When I try to record track 2 with track 1, the sound is so delayed that it is impossible to record. Even when there is no tracks armed. the live sounds are delayed. I must have something set wrong.

Some troubleshooting tips (check it one by one if you confirmed it as NOT a cause):
1.) Are you using multi-track effects in track 1? If yes, lock it.
2.) Do you have enough computer processing power? Pentium 4 and at least 2GB ram are recommended.
3.) Are you running background applications while recording? A good example are anti-virus or office applications. Only Adobe audition should be running if you are doing multi-track recording sessions.
4.) Are you using a quality audio interface? Onboard soundcard has too many issues relating to this.
5.) You can read and follow my own settings on multi-track and recording on Adobe audition. This is one I am using. I hope that helps.
6.) Click run and type: dxdiag

Click the sound tab, make sure the hardware acceleration level for your sound card is maximum (full acceleration). And make sure you are using the correct soundcard device. The sound and music tabs are helpful in this troubleshooting.

Back