Wrapped VST in Sonar...what works?

rjt

I was thinking of buying a VST plugin and wasn't sure if it worked. I use SonarXL 2.2 and the recently aquired (by Cake) wrapper. So, it might be a good idea to see if/what experience people had with plug ins and synths that need wrapping and how they work in Sonar. I'll start with a list of VST softsynths I use and will add my plug ins another day. It may be a list like this will help others with purchases.

VST softsynths that work with Sonar2.2

Albino
Atmosphere
Crystal
Cube
D'Cota
HalionString Player
Plex
Triology
Tera

I had some serious questions about D'Cota and Plex as Steinberg products are notorious for not working with other programs. D
Cota works fine, but whenever I do a re-scan existing plug ins.... it gives me an error message. I then reboot, and rescan with re-scan failed plugins checked and it loads it fine. Plex sounded very interesting and I contacted AudioMidi before buying it. The tech said he tried it in Sonar with the Cakewalk wrapper and it worked fine... so I bought it... and it works fine. Interestingly, a couple of days later, a different tech from AudioMidi replied and said they were incompatible and not to buy it. Hmmmmm.

Also, I was/am interested in the Voxengo mastering plug ins. I downloaded the beta versions of several of their plugs and more than half of them did not show up even when repeatedly scanned- reinstalled etc. So if anyone has experience with these being wrapped and used in Sonar.... I would appreciate any info you have.

Take Care

If I had to list all the VST's that works in the wrapper, we would fill a couple of pages. It is only the exections that does not work. I would suggest that people rather list those (that does not work).

One, most notable one that does NOT work in the Fxpansion / Cakewalk wrapper is the Fxpansion DR005. (It is not supported by fxpansion anymore and DR008 does work)

I use both CW's wrapper and directixer.

BloodHound said:
It is only the exections that does not work. I would suggest that people rather list those (that does not work).
I disagree. Write the ones that work, and place FREE behind the free ones! ;)

Here are the VSTis that I use (all free with Computer Music):
Crystal 2
CM-101 synth
SR-202 drum machine
DS-404 sampler
CM-505 drum synth

and the coolest ever: Delay Lama (free)! :) :) :)

I agree most work, but sometimes people want info on them to see if they should buy one or not. I just ordered a VST from Akai... so will let you know if that works. Some of the VST plug ins I have which work are:

Ambience
Blockfish
Cyanide2
Debaser
Dominion
Elottronix and XL
Endorphin
Eqium
Firium
Floorfish
Inspector
Karlette
Mabeto
Room Machine
Saturator
KT Granulator
Ruby Tube
SIR Spitfish
Supraphaser
Taliesin
The Voxen (FREE) plug ins
V Reorder

Many, but not all of these are free.

OK, Let me list them that works:

Cheeze machine (free)
TickyClav (free)
CM101 (magazineware)
CM505 (magazineware)
Consol (free)
PolyIbit (free)
Mp3play (free)
Turntablist (free)
Cesare Ferrari drawbar (free)
Cesare Ferrari Duel (free)
Cesare Ferrari FM (free)
Motion (free)
DS404 (free)
SR202 (free)
Dougall flute (free)
Crystal (free)
RGB3 (free)
StrataVarious (free)
v-box (free)
Sampletank
Sympho (free)
JX10 (free)
mda piano (free)
mdaepiano (free)
LoopaZoid (free)
Dramatic (free)
Invader (free)
Solo string (free)
Slayer (demo)
Fonatinator (free)
Crazy diamond (free)
ZR-1 (free)
ZR-3 (free)
GTG (free)
MOD 2 (free)
Sweep (free)
XPress (free)
Yuno 1k (free)
Ganymed FM (free)
Vivaldi (free)
Karlette (free)
LM9 (free)
Neon Soft synth (free)
VB-1 (free)
Receptor (free)
SF-Play (free)
SQR-6 (free)
Machine II (free)
Mysterion (free)
Phatfree (demo)

Well, they are mostly free, as I always buy the DXi version when I buy.

For effects I have lots more to list.

VSTi that doesn't work with FXpansion wrapper but works with Directixer :

ESXP24 aka Emagic Sampler...

BloodHound said:
Well, they are mostly free, as I always buy the DXi version when I buy.
Wow! What a list! Where did you dig them up?

Me want more synths! :D

Back