why sonar? sell it to me!!!

...The shortcut is

...Press Ctrl + Alt +Del... 3 times... ignore whatever pop up on your screen... Get a life...;)

PS Make a damn sure you've saved the project before so. And yes Dachay... I'll be your friend as long as you keep those fingers out of my pocket. :D

My 2 cents...

First of all, I've been spending way too much time in the cave and need to get my post count to 500....

My thoughts on Sonar are a bit biased as I never used Cubase, but did get on a few Steinberg BBS's a while back. People were very unhappy with their customer support.
I have never had a problem with Sonar that wasn't addressed within a couple of work days by their staff, via email or phone. Also, there are frequent user group meetings in my area and if I had a question, either the lecturer or another user would have an answer.

Re: My 2 cents...

ChuckU said:
Also, there are frequent user group meetings in my area
Hi. My name is Chuck and I'm a Sonar user. I've used Sonar for most of my adult life, but it wasn't until my wife had walked out and I got fired from my job that I finally recognized the fact that I was out of control. All I could think about was where my next gear purchase was coming from. How could I lower my latency. Why I was getting clicks in my recordings. When were the new, beta WDM drivers going to be released. Should I upgrade to ver 2.1. I even installed Sonar on my laptop and took it to work with me, firing it up several times each day - sometimes even before my first cup of coffee.

Please, by all means, if you've never used Sonar, I urge you, don't start now. Stick with Cubase. Their lousy interface, weak customer support, German ownership, and lame homerec forum will insure that you'll never develop the insidious sickness that is Sonar addiction.
:)

Hey Chuck, I didn't kknow your wife had left you:D

BTW, why the new avatar....whats the meaning of it? Is it life Jim, but not as we know it?:)

dachay2tnr

Regarding your lack of freinds but still using Sonar. You must be using the old console view which is a turn off for some people. Switch to the track view and people will just want to hang out at your place. I did and there are alway 10 to 20 people here looking over my shoulder. Sonar in the track view has changed my whole social life.

Middleman said:
dachay2tnr

Regarding your lack of freinds but still using Sonar. You must be using the old console view which is a turn off for some people. Switch to the track view and people will just want to hang out at your place. I did and there are alway 10 to 20 people here looking over my shoulder. Sonar in the track view has changed my whole social life.
<slaps forehead>

Cubase

Jazzmaster,

I have no experience in cakewalk but I do in Cubase SX, Digital Performer, and Protools. I can understand your questions but it seems like no one posting has anything to say except recommending the sonar support forum as a good social atmosphere, or asking what your posting meant. Go to SX, or try Digital Performer 3. Your too technical for the program, it is too limited.

Peace
rb

reesebullet said:
Jazzmaster,

I have no experience in cakewalk but I do in Cubase SX, Digital Performer, and Protools. I can understand your questions but it seems like no one posting has anything to say except recommending the sonar support forum as a good social atmosphere, or asking what your posting meant. Go to SX, or try Digital Performer 3. Your too technical for the program, it is too limited.

Peace
rb

rb,

You do realise that the last time someone posted in this thread was a year and a half ago? Since then there has been 2 new versions of Sonar released since then... and for what it's worth.. it's amazing how many people have switched from Cubase to Sonar.. but please don't dig up old threads that have died :-)

Porter

with sonar you get advice of all the folks here in a light hearted and extremely helpful, faster than a speeding bullet,fashioned response.
If with the help of my friends here,I can record and get something listenable, then surely this program even works for the musically handicapped :)

I used to record using a 4 track but it always sounded like me. With sonar I can change things until my hearts content as far as eq,volume dynamics, tracks , buss, and effects and it does not suffer any degradation to my deaf ears.
I believe Sonar also has a bigger market share which means more experience to exchange with others. As well as more $ put back into the R&D at the company.

Sonar is pretty stable.

Sonar is intuitive and easy to navigate.

Sonar is constantly improving but the back side of that is that the improvements are usually worth paying for! the upgrades just keep getting more and more frequent. And right now you can get a firstime purchase of Sonar 3 with a free uprade to Sonar4 for less than $400

Then again, you can go buy cubase and come back and tell us why we should dump our sonar. Personally I tried cubase in the beginning of learning the DAW and I never learned how to get it to do what I needed. The Gurus here can really make a big diffference in the programs useability, therefore I am here :) as the proud owner and addict of the last 3 versions of Sonar. And an experimenter who inhaled, with a few earlier versions of Cakewalk
If they will drop the upgrade price from $179 to $99 to go from producer 3 to producer 4 Ill be an owner of that one as well.

Dont forget that the name Sonar actually has something to do with Sound
The name cubase is the special edition of an antagonistic and repressive communist governed carribean island .
CUBA SE what does that have to do with recording?

My 2 cents

Hmmmmm this guy asked this questions 2 years ago! who am I talking to?
I need to get a life :) :) :rolleyes:

Back