Where did the staff view go?

vicevursa

Hey guys! I have been away from the board for a couple months, but I have returned. How has everyone been doing? I hope all is well.
Anyway, to get to the point. I have finally gotten around to setting up some default views and layouts in Sonar and tried it out this morning. I have the track view, piano roll view, staff view and console view up in my layout. I decided I did not like the track I just recorded and hit the undo button. To my surprise, my staff view disappeared with the recorded midi data. Now, so far it has only does this when the midi I am recording is the first midi track of the song. Is this a bug? Or is this supposed to happen? To note, I have just upgraded from Sonar 2 to Sonar 2.1...

Thanks,
Vice

vicevursa...
long time not seeing you here... I know you'll be back here, no one's get out alive !!!
:D
About your problem, I think it's an odd problem. If you undo your record, then the data should be erased, indeed. But it's also closing the staff view ? this is odd. And it happens only to the first MIDI track ? I guess it's a bit strange. How did you upgrade Sonar ? did you buy the CD ? or download the upgrade patch from Cakey site ?

I've heard that people need to download it 2-3 times to make it work (I don't know... that's what they tell me). Other than that... nope.

Hi Vice...
Sorry takes too long to go back, this site needs a coffee. Couldn't get here by then. I think moskus get's the point. Some of my friend just download the upgrade patch, and can't have her MIDI devices on the list. Solved after download over and reinstall. Make sure you uninstall the applied trouble patch firts, then reinstall again. Hope it helps. ;)

Are you saying that people are having trouble installing it or they having trouble getting Sonar to work correctly after they try installing it? I will try re-installing it tomorrow evening (Sunday) then I will post my results...

Vice

Problems came after they install it, however, they sucessfull install it, then SONAR went crazy. IMHO, since I wasn't a supersonic computer software, I'd prefer redownload and install it...:D faster than analyze what went wrong...:D

...some reporting the installation patch seems corupt (different file sizes). Although it was succesful downloaded complettely.
;)

Ok, I just built my new DAW, or rather, I am in the process of builing it...

Here's what I have:

AMD XP1800+
PC2700 256 DDR ram
ASUS A7V333 mobo
Sound Blaster Live with Live Drive I
10GB 7200 hdd - WINXP (Home) with Service pack 1 & Software
40GB 7200 hdd - Audio
CD-RW
CD-ROM

It's a step up from my K62-500...

I just loaded Sonar 2.0 and installed the patch (2.1). The staff view is still disappearing. It's not really that big of a deal, but it is a little annoying at times. I just don't know if there is anything else I should be looking forward to. The patch seems to have installed ok... Who knows...

Thanks,
Vice

Back