When I play notes from my keyboard into Cake I hear 2 notes

MrLip

Sometimes when I play a soundfont using either my midi keyboard or virtual piano and push 1 key, I hear 2 notes.

Let me try to clarify.

For instance, I load a soundfont into the memory and play that patch with either my midi keyboard or virtual piano. With the 'key' parameter set at 0, if I press middle C, I will hear TWO middle C's being played. If I transpose the track by setting the 'key' parameter to 1, when I press middle C, I will hear C# and ALSO C natural.

I've tried reinstalling Cake, upgrading from 9.0 to 9.03, but it still happens almost everytime I use cakewalk.

My soundcard is an sblive.

Anyone know what's wrong?

You usually hear two notes triggering in Cakewalk when the midi note mapping / pass thru option is set to Auto. You can go into settings and switch it from auto to none, or just disable it on that midi channel by de-selecting it's check box....

Not a problem, I wasn't at my recording system when I wrote that, here are the exact steps to disable the dual notes:

Goto Options->Project
Go to the "Midi Input" tab
then either:
set "Echo Mode" to "None"
or
disable it for that one channel by removing the check
mark on the box for that midi channel.

tada - no more dual notes. I used to get that a lot when I recorded Roland V-Drums into Cakewalk and it would trigger my sound module's piano, was a very interesting sound (very usable for another song) but that should take care of it for ya...

OK Thanks.

I followed your instructions and it solved the 2 note problem. BUT it got rid of the wrong note!

Say I transpose a track up a half-step by setting key=+1. When I play C on my keyboard I want to hear a C#. Instead I hear a C natural. I want a C# to sound. I didn't used to have this problem in older versions of Cakewalk (at least I don't *remember* having this problem). Wonder if it's a bug in 9.0. (or maybe just my bad memory playing tricks on me)

Back