weird reverb??!?!?

mutt

I run Cakewalk Pro 8.0 into a Korg x5d synth and an Alesis S16 drum machine. Lately, when I start playback, I get this weird reverb, like a booming reverb/out-of-phase chorus sound on the drums. I looked into editing the midi effects, but nothing fixed it. It doesn't do it when recording, only in playback. Sometimes it affects the other instrument sounds too, but always the drums.
Any ideas??

Are you recording in stereo? Make sure the left track is panned 0 and the right track is panned 127... cakewalk may pan both tracks centered, which could give some weird effects.

Hope this is useful

William Underwood

mutt:
This has happened to me, but maybe for another reason ... it's worth a try. Open your software mixer and mute the input monitor when you playback. For some reason, when I try to convert MIDI to wav, if I don't do this, I get the same Reverb from Hell.

Regards,
PAPicker

[This message has been edited by PAPicker (edited 03-17-2000).]

What do you mean by "open your software mixer"? Are you talking about the console view of Cakewalk, or what??

mutt

No . . . bad choice of words I guess. I'm talking about the Windows Volume type mixer that controls the I/O of your soundcard.
Most include an input monitor level control for the line-in. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
PAPicker

Back