Wave Files = Soundfonts?

i think you have to use SB somekinda editor to save the wave into .SF2 first b4 you can use as soundfont
or you can insert it as wave file directly into a track to make it play

Thanks Istyle, i am using SB Live, im aware that they have some soundfont editor called Vienna or something like that, but i don't really know what it does. What i want to do to key map several wave clips and loops, so i dont have to paste chunks of wave files into cakewalk....an also, i want to trigger these files via controllers, e.g. filter sweep, etc etc. Thanks.

For what it's worth, I'm an avid user of soundfonts and I've never been able to use Vienna without frequent crashes. I'm a fan of a program called Audio Compositor. It might be worth your while to seek it out.

I'm relatively new to this stuff.
When you talk about soundfonts, do you mean recording a wave and then using as an instrument (each key on the keyboard plays a different pitch of the same wave or each key is assigned a different wave)
If this is correct, does the software that comes with sound blaster do this or do I need additional software. Thanks
Steve

>Anybody familiar with soundfonts? Can i assign my own wave files as a sound fonts?

All this and more is yours! See prorec.com and find a recent article called something like "reaching for new lows". It deals w/ using a SBLive card as a sampler including the use of soundfonts. They're still gonna be a nightmare to figure out until you work with em for awhile.

.....???...hrmmmmm...what the hell are soundfounts?
And if u can brings wav. files into cakewalk can u manipulate them ???

ONe more thing does anyone know if there is software compatible with cakewalk that give u effects, and distortion, or more eq???
i find the eq on cakewalk ..not verty good.
and my old yamaha mixer doesnt help.

soundfonts are samples, you can load them up,chop them up ,make your own drumsets,completely chop/remix a song with them, you could (as i do) assign different drum loops to different keys on a keyboard bass loops to other keys, vocals to others,if your using a sound blaster the best thing about it is you have control over the envelope!!!(swooping + whooshing effects)and you get reverb + chorus + stuff aswell..great little card (i use 2)... in cakewalk you sample sounds and play them back
in cake 9 (which is a pain to setup the hd buffers properly) you quickly use up audio tracks... and the play will stop when things get to complicated... saving out the audio tracks,cutting them up with an audio editor,making them into soundfonts (vienna)
and attaching them into cakewalk saves hd buffers... also free-ing up audio tracks for more yakes hope this helps....

oops i forgot.. there are loads of effects you can use within cakewalk... i think any direct-x effect will work

Back