wav files

Stoney

Hi Guys
I can't seem to get my tracks to convert to wav files? I go to select all and highlight then export audio and save to desktop as a wav file, then the computer does it's thing and says " processing audio" then when it's done I unhighlight and I can't find my wav file anywhere??. Also shouldn't the cakewalk have created a new track with all the individual tracks rerecorded onto one? Also today I lost all my vocal lines in every one of my songs, all the songs still contain the music tracks but all the vocal lines disappeared just the orange bar is there, and I got messages that said " some audio tracks could not be found so they were replaced with silence " What the heck is that all about? Does anyone know if someone will ever write a manual that actually addresses the problems you run into? For example " export audio" the manual tells you why the program does what it does but not how to do it and what the result should be if done properly.

Hi there,

I am ASSUMING you do know that you can't convert midi tracks to WAV right? You have converted all MIDI tracks into digital Audio, yes?

Next, if you've "lost" audio tracks that were replaced with silence, you have most likely either deleted .wa~ files outside of cakewalk, or you have changed a directory somewhere, be it copying data to another directory, or changing the location directory in the cakewalk parameters. Check all those locations and make sure cakewalk is pointed to the appropriate full path directory.

So now, assuming you have all your tracks as digital audio, you should first mix them down to a final stereo mix in cakewalk, and THEN export it as a wav file. The wav fil will then be in whatever directory you designate it as when you save it. the wav file will in no way appear in your cakewalk file. Also if you have 8.0 and are using anything other than 16 bits, make sure you convert the files to 16 bits before you export as wav. And as a side note, I recommend you copy your final mix into a new cakewalk song before converting to 16-bits, otherwise it will convert every wav file in the file, and if you ever need to remix the song, you've lost your resolution.

Any mor questions?

Jeff

Back